Meet our yoga therapist: Jamie is a single mom to 2 lovely kids. Prior to 2012, she was working as a yoga teacher leading hot yoga classes. Exhausted from teaching and trying to build a sustainable business, she asked herself, “is there a better way for me to help my clients so I can help my clients deal with pain, and for me to run my business?”
In 2012, she completed Susi’s Therapeutic Yoga Intensive and in 2013 enrolled in Functional Synergy’s IAYT Accredited Yoga Therapy Certification Program. She graduated from the 2 year program in August 2015.
Her wish list:
- Make a real difference in her clients’ lives
- Find time in her own life as a single mom to do more even though she was already stretched beyond what she could manage.
What she completed at Functional Synergy
- Therapeutic Yoga Intensive
- “How to Make $50 K” Yoga Business Program;
- Functional Synergy’s Yoga Therapy Certification Program
- Currently enrolled in Beyond $50 K as she continues to grow her business.
What she learned that transformed her practice
- The importance of functional moving and moving the body the way it was designed to move
- Susi’s way “to see” her clients as individuals instead of making assumptions about their lifestyle or the source of their pain.
- Not to chase “form”, but to truly look at the body in front of her and then adjust posture, offers modifications.
- How to apply knowledge of anatomy, kinesiology and biomechanics to custom designed programs to address individual movement challenges.
- Context is huge. There is no recipe or set template: everyone requires a completely different program.
- That she is a great therapist with a particular gift for making students feel at ease.
Meet Jamie today
Jamie went from racing around teaching too many classes and being entirely depleted to someone more confident and in control of her life and her business. She is now recognized as a yoga therapist who gets consistent results with her students, runs her own teacher training program and enjoys a solid sustainable business of private clients and therapeutic based group classes.
“I’m so grateful for what Susi has given to me. “My life and my practice isn’t recognizable to what it was 12 months ago.
Want to learn more about Jamie – check out her website at www.jamiemathiasen.com