Therapeutic Yoga Intensive:
Opening the World of Possibility
You believe that people can recover from pain, and other symptoms. But it is more than that.
You know the link between their mental - emotional - physical health. You want to help people tap into this as an integrative whole.
You want to be a really good and effective yoga therapist. And you know the relationship between you and your primary teacher is vital to your success.
You want someone who is more than knowledgeable and experienced. You want a teacher who has a good mix of woo and science/evidence/results. Someone who will keep it real without spewing BS. Someone who is equal parts supportive and will still push you in the direction you want to go.
You want to be an effective yoga therapist and to keep the "yoga" in your yoga therapy business.
You want to be practicing what you preach, and "eating your own cooking and not throwing up." Integrity matters to you and you see its necessity in building a sustainable client base.
I can vouch for this training. Being in Susi's presence for a week and learning from her has taught me to really challenge my own preconceptions and to teach from a place from where I can be fully present to my students, meeting them where they are on any given day. Since this initial training with Susi, I've found myself more curious and more thirsty for knowledge outside of what I've already been taught. My six days with Susi has opened me up to a whole new world of possibilities in movement and biomechanics. I am so grateful for this training. Thank you Susi Hately!"
Susi Hately, B.Sc. Kinesiology, C-IAYT Yoga Therapist
Susi has been integrating her university level education in Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology and Biomechanics and yoga education since 1995. It is this blend of modern day science with ancient yoga practices that have her results be both quick and sustainable.
What others have said:
Taking Susi’s Level 1 Therapeutic Yoga Intensive training was the best investment I have ever made. For one, the training differs from anything else I have ever taken. It is unique — it is not about a one-size fits all template but instead lays out a roadmap designed to help you personally move better and with less (or no) pain as an individual.
What I learned from Susi was “how” to move away from pain, persistent pain — the kind that lingers but never really goes away. Not only did I learn how to observe and feel how my body moves, I learned how to be in tune and mindful of habitual compensatory patterns that were no longer serving me. My body learned new patterns of movement that did not trigger pain. Those new patterns gave my body permission to heal — finally, there was hope.
Susi is a great coach who is very supportive and encouraging. I finished the training feeling very confident in that I can be a valuable resource to helping others move away from pain. I highly recommend the training.
Valerie, Yoga Teacher, Intensive Grad
YOU WANT TO MOVE BEYOND "I HOPE AND PRAY THIS WILL WORK" TO SOMETHING MORE MEANINGFUL, DELIBERATE AND ACCURATE.
There are 6 key components to helping clients get out of pain consistently and sustainably.
- Recognizing and Understanding What the Problem Actually Is
- The Relationship Between the Client and Teacher
- Enabling Symptom Relief and Renewing Inner Awareness
- Retraining Neuromuscular Patterns and Rekindling Brain-Body Connection
- Refining The New Patterns and Growing Resiliency
- Rinse and Repeat
The Healing Model
The Missing Piece:
Yoga Teachers, Pilates Instructors, Nurses, Doctors, PTs, OTs, Massage Therapists and Chiropractors who have taken this program are amazed at how much more connected they become for their own patients/clients. Many comment that it is the missing piece for truly serving, getting consistently great results, and not burning out.
Is This For Me?
**Group size is limited to 18 people to ensure personal attention
Things you should know:
- This training attracts both yoga teachers and other health professionals to enhance their ability to work with their students, clients or patients. It also attracts people who want to work on their own bodies.
- I have seen people eliminate long standing (20 years) chronic pain, reduce migraines, reduce pain and flares related to autoimmune conditions and improve mobility and stability following surgeries. We've had people significantly reduce depressive episodes, reduce anxiety, and better manage other mental health issues. When trainees understand the relationship of their movement to the conditions they are experiencing they discover the real factors for why they have the symptoms they do. It is very powerful and super cool (which is a technical term!).
- Ultimately, I am not a template girl – I don’t rely on nor do I teach “here is the template for reducing SI joint pain”. There isn’t one template for that to happen. It requires much more than that.
I am taking a physio course this weekend and it is SO entertaining to be in a classroom again, with people asking questions like ‘what techniques do I use to treat xyz diagnosis’ and ‘how often does the patient need to come in for treatment’ etc. I used to be that way! How much my line of thinking has changed in the past years. So THANK YOU for showing me a different way, I do feel light years ahead of the class in that I don’t need to follow a template or memorize the treatment plans. I can just see the person and be with them, and simply give them what they need. Awesome!
Kristie – Physiotherapist
Before training with Susi I didn’t know how to help people and I was burned out. Teaching wasn’t fun any more. Susi makes the complex simple, and she brings it to a human level. She will help you get out of our own way so you can help others. If you want to grow beyond where you are now and learn how to truly heal yourself and others, and you’re ready to really work at it, Susi can help you gain mastery of your life and help you use your unique skills to help people move better and feel better.
Dawn – C-IAYT Yoga Therapist
Ready to Go?
To join the priority list for registration dates, email us at [email protected]
Connect with our team through email: [email protected]