From Pain To Possibility
Deep down…you know your body is trying to get your attention. No matter the condition, the pain, the injury . . . .you understand that something is up. You know that living your life could be so much easier. I am here to tell you that you are right.
From Pain to Possibility is designed to help you deepen your connection with your body, your mind and the inner communication of both. By doing so, you can reduce and eliminate back, neck, shoulder, knee or hip pain and recover from surgery more quickly.
What others have said: Jennifer, MD
In my recovery from hip surgery, Susi’s input has been invaluable. She introduced me to stillness and breath work when my default mode was to push through the pain and ignore my body. This allowed me to cultivate a more refined sense of bodily awareness which, among other things, has enabled me to unravel the movement patterns that were no longer serving me. I am now out of pain and back to the activity I want to be.
How does the process work?
Clients work with me because they realize that what they are doing isn’t working. They are recognizing that the more they push, the more the symptoms stick around or grow.
They have tried to resolve the issues with different techniques like strengthening what is weak and stretching what is tight. Some got out walking or on the treadmill. Others have tried meditation, marijuana, or massage. All are viable options (when used appropriately), and they worked for a short time. And then they didn’t.
This is where I come in. I help people who have tried a bunch of things and, while they had short term results, they haven’t had long term results. They, like you, find themselves in a cyclical pattern and are tired of feeling the way they do.
Here is what I have seen over the 25 years of helping people out of pain.
- People are really strong. And resilient. The fundamental ability to push through pain, to push aside symptoms and to compensate is not a bad thing. It actually shows how creative and adaptable you are.
- And, all that pushing aside and compensation works until it doesn’t. In time the symptoms have come back louder, and your body is feeling progressively weaker, more tired and you just aren’t recuperating the way you want.
- I have yet to meet someone with pain who doesn’t compensate. The good news is that when you learn to move better and breathe better you will begin to feel better.
- Change is possible. Our bodies are made of tissue. Tissue can change. No matter your age. The last time I ran this program, my oldest client was 70 years old.
What others have said: Derek, CEO
Susi instruction has completely changed the way I work, the way I exercise and the frequency and extent to which I choose to rest and recover. The way I feel and my productivity has improved as a result. No longer do I see my body as a non-cooperative tool in the way of my ambitions. Susi says, “the body is a barometer”
Who am I?
I am Susi Hately, B.Sc Kinesology, C-IAYT Yoga therapist, best selling author, trainer of health care professionals and yoga teachers who want to use yoga as a therapeutic modality. I have had two of my yoga programs (Cancer Recovery and Idiopathic Pulminary Fibrosis) studied at the University of Calgary.
I work with people who want to eradicate and eliminate pain. My clientele is wide ranging. They include Olympic athletes, entrepreneurs, C-Suite executives, retirees, yoga teachers and fitness professionals. What is similar is they are all interested in reducing and eradicating pain.
Over the past 25 years, I have taught people about how their body moves, how to pay attention to their compensatory strategies and how their mind and body work to help reduce pain. I have seen clients transform the belief that their body is decrepit and failing them to one of trying to get their attention. As a result, not only does their body change – the ease, strength and resilience carries over into their rest of their life.
What others have said: Brad, Financial Services
Prior to meeting you, I had been on a 2 year search attempting to get pain relief and relief from a basket of symptoms that I was having at the time. My journey included homeopathic medicine, acupuncture, massage, chiropractic medicine, 2 visits to 2 general practitioners, visits to the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Arizona, and visits to approximately 12 medical specialists. Although the above treatments are good for some people and various illnesses, I did not make progress until I met you.
With your help, I have found the following results: prior to meeting you I was pain free 1 day per week. I am now pain free approximately 5 days per week; upon doing yoga, I am pain free immediately afterwards, I had suffered intermittent lower back pain since 1979. Since meeting you, most of that pain has dissipated and has only reoccurred once; you have taught me how to relax in my office when I am surrounded by panic, turmoil and everyday disputes and stress that occurs in “normal business”. My body no longer feels like a clenched fist; I sleep better at nights with less interruptions or awakenings; my fatigue has disappeared.”
Dates: October 7-November 8, 2019
What you will get:
- Weekly video lessons, from me, on exactly what to do.
- A discussion board to get your questions answered.
- Weekly 1-hour online video calls to for more in depth discussion and Q&A.
- Confirmation that you are doing the movements correctly by sending me video of yourself doing the videos.
What is included:
- access to all material including yoga techniques, breathing and meditation practices on a private member’s website, indefinitely. You will also get the updates to the program.
- a discussion forum. I’ll be on this forum each day M-F.
- weekly – 1 hour calls every week of the program via Zoom Meeting on Tuesdays (3 pm mountain) where I will teach more concepts and answer questions. These live calls will be recorded and then posted onto your private member’s website.
What Others Have Said: Christopher, Fitness Leader
“Yoga helped me through a serious health situation and now has begun to add such positive dimensions to my life that I can’t help but recommend it to you. It was a struggle to find a qualified teacher who worked with medical concerns, knew their stuff with Yoga, but also cared about each student in order that the benefits to me were maximized. I hope this note will save you that search when I highly recommend Susi to you. She is nothing short of a gem in my books.”
Here is what others have reported experiencing:
- less pain, less tightness and less tension
- understand how their body moves
- find less fight with their body
- less exhaustion as more restorative sleep occurs
- more consistent energy levels
- more calm, more clarity
- less wired
- better posture
- easier breathing
- faster recovery from surgery without having to force movement
- better management of chemotherapy and other cancer related intervention
- improved diastasis and postpartum recovery
- better sports results – faster running, cycling, longer ski days, less pain in yoga class, quicker gains when lifting weights
What others have said: Loreen, Operations Manager
Susi is an exceptional coach. If you want to work with one of the best, if you want to work with someone who really wants you to succeed, if you want to work with someone who truly walks the walk and talks the talk, work with Susi. She really knows what she is doing. – Loreen
Before September 27 – Early Bird Pricing: $375 (plus applicable taxes)
On October 1 – Regular Pricing: $499 (plus applicable taxes)
Refunds – For 25 years, I have seen excellent results with clients who work with me and put in the time to do the work. I also know that this approach is not for everyone, and people know pretty quickly if what I am offering is the right approach for them. So, if in the first week you do not feel this is will work for you, we will give you a full 100% refund, no questions asked. Just be sure to email before the end of week 1 of the session.
What others have said:
Do you know what a good day feels like? A REALLY good day where you’re feeling light, and happy with your kids and your spouse? If you want lots more of those, then Susi is your girl. Commit to challenging your body, mind and soul with a new way. . . there is so much ease and way less effort once the new way becomes the trusted way. ~ Rachel
Is this for you?
This is for you if you know that your body is trying to get your attention. Intuitively know that something is up. You are ready to slow down and ready to stop pushing symptoms aside in the spirit of mind over matter. You already recognize that the more you push, the more the symptoms stick around or grow. You also recognize that your greatest strengths can also be weaknesses that drain you. When you don’t lead with them properly you may do more harm then good. You are ready for some usable techniques and tools to change, harness and channel your strengths effectively.
This is not for you if you don’t think change is possible. You will not enjoy this process if you are seeking a template to “fix” your situation. This program requires you to commit to practicing the concepts that are taught and devoting the necessary time. Not much time, but a committed time period nonetheless. If your schedule is packed from morning to night, this may not be the right fit at this moment.
How to Enroll
I am looking so forward to working with you. All you need to do is click the button below
- 5 weeks of training and contact with me
- weekly calls to learn more concepts and get questions answered
- a discussion forum where you can connect with a supportive group. I will answer questions on this forum.
- unlimited access to all material including yoga techniques, breathing and meditation practices on our private member’s website (you will get access to all new updates to the program)
- regular access to me to send video to ensure you are doing the movements correctly
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to be online at a specific time?
You have access to me for the full 5 weeks of the program (October 7- November 8). All calls are recorded and posted shortly after they occur. You will have access to the site indefinitely.
What time are the calls?
The calls occur via Zoom meeting and are Wednesdays at 3:00 pm (mountain time). I have a global client base and I have chosen the best possible time where most people are awake. I also realize that even by choosing a time, people may not be able to make the call. Don’t worry – all calls are recorded and will be posted to the private member’s site.
How much time do I need to practice?
People often start with 5 or 10 minutes 5-6 days a week. The practice grows from there.
What time of day should I practice?
Time of day all depends on what works for you and your schedule. Some people start in the morning, others before bed, others close their door at work (if they have a door) and do it there.
Do I need to practice every day?
Many people do. However, I want to set you up for success, since success builds on success. If you say, “I am going to practice daily”, and then miss tomorrow, you have already failed. As an alternative, look at your schedule and see what is really viable. Then commit to that. Commit to keeping it easy, doable and things will change.
What if I still have questions?
Send us an email through our support form and Kiya or I will be in touch.